Sunday, September 13, 2015

#1 - Me

Hi, My name is Eljasz Perez. I was born on January 15 2000 on a Saturday in Chicago. I was born with red hair and still have red hair although it has darkened some. I love reading and doing anything with computers, but also enjoy sports and video games and of course, talking. I have always liked plays with words (get it?) and enjoy sarcasm. I love running and swimming and if I could last all day doing it, I would (as with reading or computers). I enjoy going to church to worship God and mingle with friends.
I transferred in from North Shore Adventist Academy. I have been a student of North Shore Adventist Academy (NSAA) since Kindergarten. NSAA is a great school that is focused on high quality education and Christ like character building skills for K through 12th grade students. Due to the financial crisis that many parents are going through, NSAA was faced with a hard decision. Three days before NSAA started the 2015-2016 school year, they decided that the traditional high school portion of the school would be closed down. It was replaced with a distance learning program which is made possible through video chat. Although I appreciate the school’s effort to accommodate their students on such a short notice, I didn't feel that distance learning is the right fit for me because I value and appreciate the interaction between teachers and students. 
During my time at North Shore I was a part of many extra curricular activities including Concert band (1st chair), Jazz band (1st chair), North Shore Trumpets (a sextet), Dixieland band, Bluegrass band, North Shore Hand Bells, 7-12th grade choir, a member of the choir drama team, and robotics club leader. In addition to these activities, I also was the Student Association President, the Newsletter Publisher, the school’s Tech Support, and a member of the Yearbook Committee. Throughout my years of learning at North Shore Adventist Academy I developed a love for learning, but computers became my passion. Because of my positive attitude and willingness to help, I was entrusted with maintaining and troubleshooting the technology at NSAA.
My first week at Whitney Young has been very nice and I think I'll fit right in and create more memories and possibly thrive even more than at NSAA. 
That's all for now. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment